The M.Sc. International Technology Transfer Management (ITTM) is a unique program intended for anyone interested in an internationally oriented management career. The graduated ITTMs will mostly work in multinational companies and in an international context. The ITTM has been developed for Bachelor Degree holders in engeneering and business administration. Graduates with other degrees looking for a future career in International Technology Transfer Management are also encouraged to apply.
The main objective of the program is to facilitate a student´s professional advancement. To ensure this, the scientific and practical experience of the lecturers and partners is of a very high standard.
The course itself has also been designed to take into account most graduates ´ future careers with its emphasis on preparing students for a working life in international environments. The in-course communication and collaboration technologies are outstanding, and the core units all have a uniquely partical relevance. Lecturers with industry knowledge and those who have worked on industry related projects ensure that practically relevant skills are impared. Further, the academic and practical relevance of this master’s program is ensured by the cooperation with IMBC.
Companies need to incorporate developments in international production technologies and processes if they are to stay competitive on the world market. Successfully transferring those technological developments at both a local and international level is the hallmark of leading global firms.
In view of this the Fachhochschule des Mittelstands (FHM) has developed a Master´s Program (M.Sc.) of International Technology Transfer Management that provides graduates with the skills and know-how to successfully perform the following:
- Manage international projects
- Safeguard international technology transfer processes
- Develop cooperative international transport structures
- Reduce obstacles in emerging nations and developing countries
- Facilitate entrance into new market
- Source competent local contact persons
The program is organized as follows
- Two modules will be spent looking at two different technology areas from
- Environment and Smart Energy Technologies
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies and „Smart Factories“
- Logistics and Mobility Technologies
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Five modules will be used to adress Technology Transfer Techniques and general management subareas.
- For foreign students, a module of German as a Foreign Language is offered (level: beginner). German students will have the equivalent
- Two modules of International Law
- One module of Intercultural Communication
- One scientific research seminar
- Work on a practical project in a German company for three months
- Final master’s thesis
How to apply
A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with at least 180 credits is required for acceptance into the ITTM Master’s Program. There are no special prerequisites regarding the type of study undertaken in the Bachelor’s degree.
Good English language skills that correspond to Level B of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or proof of English language Bachelor degree are required for the course. This language proficiency can be demonstrated with the following certificates:
- ALTE level: Level 3
- IELTS exam: minimum score of 5 – 6
- TOEIC: score of 541 – 700
- TOEFL iBT: minimum score 87
- UNIcert: minimum UNIcert II
German language skills are not required for the International Technology Transfer Management Master’s Program. However, a visa and residence permit is necessary to study in Germany.
You may commence the ITTM Master’s Program in the winter term (beginning early October), spring term (beginning early February) or the summer term (beginning early June). The application deadlines for each respective semester are as follows:
- Winter term: 1st July
- Spring term: 15th November
- Summer term: 15th March
In order to consider your application for our Master’s course, we need the following documents:
- Application form
- Copy of Bachelor’s degree
- Copy of transcript of records/ mark sheets
- Copy of passport
- B2 English language certificate (IELTS min 5.0; TOEFL min. 87 pts.) or proof of English language Bachelor degree
The application documents must be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org